JOIN OUR TEAM
The Grizzly Bear Foundation is seeking a Communications and Fundraising Assistant through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
You will assist the Outreach & Communications Manager and the Creative & Development Producer with the following duties:
- Social media marketing management, including developing and scheduling content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Track grizzly bear related stories and news, and share with our supporters in a way that is creative, engaging, and informed
- Conduct background research to inform communications and campaigns
- Provide logistical and administrative support to help coordinate fundraising and outreach events
- Update and source content for the GBF websites and microsites. Website design and development experience an asset
- Transcribe interviews and conduct research for the GrizzCast podcast series
- Grant development, maintaining/updating the grant reporting calendar and donor database, and supporting the execution of donor events
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Educational background in communications, environmental science, social justice, or related fields
- Strong writing and editing skills with an emphasis on creative, feature, and scientific writing
- Strong creative thinking and storytelling skills
- Keen aesthetic eye
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Basic proficiency with Google Drive, project management tools, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Canva and other graphic design tools. Added plus if you have experience with Keela
- Experience creating content for multiple social media platforms
- Charity/nonprofit fundraising experience an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a remote team environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for wildlife conservation
This is a 9-week contract with approximate start date of July 4, 2022 and end date of September 2, 2022, and with possibility of extension into a part-time position. This position requires 35 hours/week, and will be conducted remotely. You must have access to your own computer.
Our small team is based across British Columbia. We work remotely and work hours and schedules can be flexible. Weekend work may be required.
Preference will be given to candidates interested in extending this contract to a part-time position after the 9 week contract.
How to Apply
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter outlining your background and experience. References will be required following interviews. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the right candidate is identified.
Taylor Green, Outreach & Communications Manager
About Grizzly Bear Foundation
Grizzly Bear Foundation is a Canadian charitable organization dedicated to the long-term welfare of the grizzly bear across North America. Guided by science and Indigenous knowledge, we work collaboratively to support the conservation of grizzly bears through research, public education, and advocacy. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.